The grief retreat is open to any high schooler who has suffered a loss. Please apply by April 22nd.
More about the Grief Retreat at Mississippi School of the Arts (MSA) on May 22, 2021:
High school teens can attend a half-day retreat that combines fun activities with grief education. The retreat is free of charge. The grief retreat provides an opportunity for teens to increase levels of hope, enhance self-esteem, and especially to learn that they are not alone.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided, as well as several chances to win prizes throughout the day.
The purpose of the Grief Retreat:
• Tell their story in a supportive, safe environment
• Process grief in healthy, effective ways
• Meet friends facing similar circumstances
• Connect with others and learn they are not alone
• Increase coping skills
• Honor and memorialize loved ones
• Have fun!
Date: Saturday, May 22nd
Time: 9 am - 1 pm
Location: MSA Student Life Building
* The MSA grief retreat is in no way intended for therapeutic treatment. The purpose of this retreat is to learn about effective coping skills, connect with others, and honor loved ones.
*Due to the pandemic, we will follow all covid-19 protocols in place at the time of the retreat. This includes a temperature check, screening, and masks.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Harlie Blauw, NCSP
Nationally Certified School Psychologist