US History Syllabus
Course Syllabus and Rules
Can be found on school website
Text: @h4d7kg to 81010
US History is a full credit course that has a state subject area test which is required for graduation. US History covers topics from Reconstruction to the present.
Policies and Procedures
- Daily plans are posted on the board for two weeks; lesson plans are posted online on the teacher’s website.
- You are responsible for getting and completing your work and turning it in promptly.
- No eating or drinking in the classroom, except for water.
- Food is not allowed in the room unless the container/package is sealed.
- Put your cell phones in the caddy daily.
- Sit in your assigned seat.
- Be in the room before the tardy bells rings, having your belongings in the room does not count.
- If you leave the room, you must have permission.
Tests are 40% of your grade
Daily and Homework are 40% of your grade
Quizzes count twice in the Daily category
Exams are 20% of your grade
Full Credit (18 weeks) Course Exemptions:
A - 4 absences* or less and 3 or fewer step 2 in fractions
B - 3 absences* or less and 2 or fewer step 2 infractions
C - 2 absences* or less and 1 or fewer step 2 infractions
*Absences include excused and unexcused. Only exception is a school field trip
Codes in Active Student:
NG – No Grade
This is calculated as a zero and must be made up.
NM – No mark
This is not counted against you and does not have to be made up.
Zero – is a zero
You have earned this grade.
Once you have a zero, it is too late to make it up.
Phones and audio
- Place your phones in the caddy at the front of the room.
- Phones, earphones, or any other electronic and audio device will be taken to the office with a write up. Electronic devices will not be tolerated.
- Disrespectful behavior about electronic devices will also not be tolerated.
- Tests will be multiple choice style tests using sample questions from the US History subject area test.
- Tests will begin promptly after roll call.
- You are not allowed to leave the room during a test.
- You will complete the test in the time allotted during class.
- Tests will be made up before school, not during class.
- It is the students responsibility to collect missed work from the folders provided in the classroom
- You have 1 week to compete make-up work
- Test will be made up by appointment ONLY
- If you miss your appointment it will result in a 0.
- I will NOT accept late work
Students will be given a Class I referral for the following:
- Eating or drinking
- Failure to return signed documents
Students will be given a Class II referral for the following:
- Habitually violating Class I infractions
- Skipping class or leaving without permission
Students will be given a Class II referral for defiant behavior towards a BSD employee for the following:
- Refusing to follow directions
- Using any electronic device without the permission of the teacher for an assignment
- Having audio devices in or on ears with or without sound